From January 10th, to March 1st, the Model United Nations Institute is hosting its first ever speech contest! The Top 5 entries will all be awarded prizes!
Best Delegate (1st) Grand Prize winner will receive a full tuition scholarship to a MUNI Program for the Summer of 2016 valued at $650-$1,000 depending upon program location!*
Outstanding Delegate (2nd) will receive a certificate to commemorate their achievement, and a MUNI swag bundle (including a tote, MUNI shirt, and UN flag)!
Honourable Mention (3rd) will receive a certificate to commemorate their achievement, and a MUNI t-shirt!
Verbal Commendation (4th & 5th) will receive a certificate to commemorate their achievement and a MUNI water bottle!
Speech prompt: You are a youth ambassador to the United Nations, about to give a speech to the UN General Assembly. Ban-Ki Moon has asked you to address why it is imperative that the world achieves the Sustainable Development Goals for the future of today’s youth.
TO ENTER: Create a YouTube video of yourself giving a speech in 2 minutes or less, and submit it to the MUN Institute! You could be featured on our facebook page for all your friends to see, and if your speech is delivered well enough, and your video is creative enough, you just might win! Check out the video the MUNI Alumni Board created below:
So what are you waiting for?! Think you can orate with the best of ’em? Show us what you’ve got!
Rules and Regulations:
- Participant must entirely fill out google form below to enter the #MUNISpeechContest
- Participant must be ages 11-18 as of June 20, 2016
- Participant must receive appropriate parental permission (via google form signature) to be eligible
- Video submissions must be no longer than 2 minutes (120 seconds) total in duration
- Speeches must be original, and based of the prompt provided. Any detected plagiarism will render a submission ineligible
- Speech must be in English
- Feel free to add any music, or use any props, to enhance your speech!
- Video submissions must not infringe on any existing copyrights, trademarks, or rights reserved
- The “Top 5” video entries, and subsequent ranking of the “Top 5”, will be selected by the MUNI Alumni Board
- Only submissions between the dates of January 10 – March 1, 2016 will be counted as eligible
- The Model United Nations Institute, and Best Delegate, LLC, reserve the right to feature the participant, and their video on all MUNI and Best Delegate social media accounts, as well as emailed newsletters
- All submissions will be featured on the #MUNISpeechContest page on mun.bestdelegate.com, but not all will be featured on social media
Any questions about the contest, its rule & regulations, or MUNI can be directed to email@example.com
*“Tuition” includes a five day program at the Model United Nations Institute, but does not include travel, housing, or a weekend program. The winner of the scholarship may chose to pay the additional cost in order to have housing and a weekend program included.