Speak with confidence. Solve the world’s biggest problems.
Step into the shoes of world leaders.
All in a day’s work at the MUN Institute.
The Junior Diplomat Program is our popular middle school course, designed for students ages 11-13 who are new to Model UN. This program is right for students who have no MUN experience, or who have attended a few conferences but want to improve their MUN skills in public speaking, research, resolution writing, and procedure.
In the Junior Diplomat program, students gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence they need to be successful and have fun while participating in Model United Nations.
Students learn how countries work together at the UN to solve global problems. Every day, they practice skills in public speaking, negotiation, research, critical thinking, and leadership. Our MUN Mentors give each student one-on-one feedback and encouragement on their progress. Students participate in multiple Model UN simulations throughout the program, which ends with an all-day MUN conference.
By participating in MUN simulations, skill labs, and lectures, our students become more confident in their public speaking skills, in their understanding of global issues, and in themselves.
- Daily Lessons (Topic Briefings, Research Skills, Negotiation, and more)
- Model United Nations Simulations
- Public Speaking Labs
- Daily 1-on-1 Feedback with MUN Mentors
- Icebreakers and Games
- Insider Tours of Harvard University & Boston University
- City Night exploration of Boston restaurants & Brookline’s Amory Park
- Housing and Meals: $900
*Housing runs from July 1st to the 7th, the Sunday afternoon before the program to the Saturday morning after the Program. Housing is available on campus. Students will be supervised by Residential Counselors and nighttime activities will include a campus tour, scavenger hunts, organized games, and exploring the program city.
- Pick Up/ Drop Off at Dulles International Airport (IAD): $100 each way
- Pick Up/Drop Off at Reagan National Airport (DCA): $60 each way
- Pick Up/Drop Off at Union Station: $50 each way
- Housing and Meals: $1000
- *Housing runs from July 15th to the 21st, the Sunday afternoon before the program to the Saturday morning after the Program. Housing is available on Boston University’s campus; students will receive private transportation to Harvard each day for class. Students will be supervised by Residential Counselors and nighttime activities will include a campus tour, scavenger hunts, organized games, and exploring the program city.
- Pick Up/ Drop Off at Boston Logan Airport (BOS): $60 each way
- Pick Up/Drop Off at South Station: $50 each way
- Weekend Trip July 21-22: $300