Gain confidence in your English language skills through Model United Nations
Study on the beautiful campuses of the best colleges in the United States
Meet new friends from dozens of countries around the world
The MUN Institute English Exchange program is designed for groups of 6 or more students ages 11-18 who are new to Model UN and want to improve their English language abilities. This program is right for students who have little to no MUN experience, but want to improve their skills in public speaking, research, and resolution writing. Student will debate important global topics with their classmates, participate in engaging lessons about the United Nations, and enhance their English language abilities.
The English Exchange program is taught at prestigious American universities across the country, including Harvard University, which allows students to experience college life in the United States. Participants will meet other students from the United States and other countries and expand their global cultural understanding.
Students learn from the MUN Mentors, who are the best MUN delegates at the college level. Students get daily feedback on their MUN skills, especially their public speaking skills. Our MUN Mentors guide students through MUN simulations, including our end of program all-day final simulation.
The English Exchange program teaches students the fundamentals of Model United Nations, and much, much more, including:
- Fun and engaging English language learning activities
- An easy to follow, step-by-step process for preparing for Model UN conferences
- Research guides for countries and topics
- Lessons on how to negotiate solutions to global problems and write resolutions
- Social teamwork activities & fun residential activities
- Campus tours at Harvard University and UCLA
- A college panel hosted by MUN Mentors
2018 MUN Institute English Exchange programs will take place at the following locations:
- Harvard University (Cambridge, MA): July 22 – July 28
- Harvard University (Cambridge, MA): July 29 – August 4
- UCLA (Los Angeles, CA): July 29 – August 4